SummaryThis game was created as part of a course on multimedia programming. It's about the life of a sheep dog, dutifully herding his flock and protecting them from predators. The player's task is to drive a group of idly wandering sheep into a den, while keeping wolves away from them, his presense and voice his only tools.
The TeamA team of three was involved in making A Dog's Job:
- Riku Björklund programmed the game logic, using my basecode for arcade games (first used in Lemmings Remake).
- Jukka Larja programmed the AI of the animals, using e.g. flock AI algorithms to make the sheep move nicely as a group when not disturbed.
- I created the graphics and animations.
Technologies I Used
- GIMP (open source drawing software) to draw the terrain and animations
- Java-based animation viewer to run the animations